Rustic, Vintage & Music Theme Wedding Part 3

THE CEREMONY SIGNS PART 3

If you missed part 1 of this series you can go 

here

 or part 2

here

.

It was necessary for me to make list after list of what the happy couple wanted.  I'm a lover of lists anyway, so I enjoyed this immensely.  Besides, it made me feel organized & helped keep some of those overwhelming feelings at bay.  Not to mention the fact that the happy couple lives in Texas & we live in Indiana (where the wedding took place).

We began obsessing with all things vintage-barn-rustic-music-wedding on

Pinterest

& created several secret boards where we both pinned our hearts out.  They're not a secret anymore, so feel free to go

check them out

.

Today, I'm sharing 3 projects my husband & I worked on months before the wedding.  The first is a sign that we posted out by the road to direct wedding guests to the right place.

I used one of my favorite fonts on this project -

Reklame Script

.  We used some left over cedar wood from our stash.  I printed the letters out.  Laid them out on the wood & used a pencil to trace them onto the wood which left an indention for me to then follow with my small paint brush.  The

arrow was also a font

.  The picture on the top left actually is a picture of the next project.....here's a better look.

For this sign I used the

same font

, but printed it in a dark brown & actually cut each word out with a small razor knife.  This was not as difficult as you might think because the words were pretty large. I glued them to the rough wood which came from a pallet.  I then used several coats of clear varnish to seal the letters.  My husband attached it to a large post so it could be set in the ground.

As for this project we knew they wanted the "

Love verses

" each painted onto circles of wood & displayed at the end of each bench at the ceremony.  We were sitting out by our fire one evening when I noticed a piece of wood that looked just like a heart.  I was so stoked.  I asked my husband if this were a possibility for him to cut me about a couple dozen of these....and he did!  He drilled holes in the top of each one & then it was my turn to get busy.

I printed each verse out using the

BorisBlackBloxx

font.  I used a pencil & colored the back of each of the verses so that when I turned the paper over the "scribbled" side is down.  Then I traced each letter onto the wood.  When I removed the print out the pencil outline showed up on the wood.  I used a very small paint brush to fill in each letter.  I often found that the pointed end of the paint brush (opposite the brush end for those that aren't following;) was easier to get my lines filled in smoothly.

After the wedding was over we knew there wouldn't be a need for a directional sign.  The original was 2 sided & was attached to a post. We removed the post & drilled holes where I ran rope through so it could be hung on the wall.  I decided to add their last name & the year.  We then wrapped it up & gave it to them for Christmas.